Tall people fear if they can find the right BMX bike. They end up thinking a lot and making bad decisions. BMX provides also produces bikes for tall people so that they can also enjoy the ride. All you need to know is how to coordinate and balance the bike, and height isn’t a significant matter.
To get the best BMX bike, you must select the right BMX bike for tall people. There are several things to consider when buying BMX bikes for tall people. These are:
- The size of the bike. When choosing a bike, look at the specifications and understand the size. For example, those with a height of 5-6.30 should go for BMX bikes with 20 wheel size, and those of 6.4 and above should look for those with wheels of 24 with a top tube of 22.
- Your weight. The majority of the taller guys have a lot of weight. You have to select the bike that can support your weight when looking at the designs.
- The build type. You have to make sure that the bike material is strong to support your height. Most BMX bikes are made with steel, aluminum, and Cromo (steel alloy). Aluminum and Cromo are light, and steel is durable and heavy.
What size BMX bike should a 6-foot man ride?
All the BMX bike wheel sizes range from 12 to 24 inches. When buying a new BMX bike, most people consider looking at the Top Tube measurement, which is the measurement of the frame from the seat tube to the front.
The majority of the BMX riders use the 20-inch bikes as the most size fits different people. For a 6-foot man tall, he needs to find a bike with 20 wheel size and 20-13 top tube measurements.
Some of the best bikes for a 6-foot man include Forgotten Luker, WTP Nova, Forgotten Damned, e.t.c. Once you get the size you want, everything falls in place, and you ride your bike with comfort without any struggles.
Top 3 BMX Bike for 6 Foot Tall
Mongoose has different versions of bikes: L10,L20,L60,L80,L100 and L500.All of them are freestyle, and you can buy them no matter your age. It was mainly meant for beginner drivers who were starting.
Mongoose BMX-Bicycles Legion BMX
- It has a Hi-Ten steel handlebar that makes the rider’s weight between 5.6-and 6.0. It also has a steel frame.
- The frame has triangular top tubes, tapered head tubes, and removable breaks.
- Aluminum U brake levers that help in managing the speed control.
- It has rim breaks, and it supports different wheel sizes 16,18, and 20.
- It weighs around 12 kilos.
- It uses free coaster technology
- They have a chainstay length of up to 348 mm.
- The wheels have 20-inch wheel sizes.
- It has an alloy wheelset that supports the bike frames and design, giving it much support without adding weight.
- The steel frame has around 30 lbs, making it more stable and balanced. Its frame color gives it an exciting look and makes the color schemes attractive.
- Mongoose BMX-Bicycles Legion BMX has a single rear brake that controls the slowing and stopping without any accidents.
- One of the best aspects of the drivetrain is that it supports a cassette setup, which has good free-style steering and makes the ground very clear.
- Its handlebars and stems have levers that reduce the speed.
- The crank has a tubular look that attaches to the pedals, making it durable.
- The tires have good width that provides a smooth surface suitable for navigating places like pavements, making them absorb shock without affecting the speeds.
- It comes with instructions to help you in the assembling of the bike.
It is a good bike, especially for new learners, not suitable for experts. It gives you good results that match its price. It provides users with good performance, and you can try it if you want to mix different feelings.
This bike has seven models, and L500 has the best rider tricks, while L100 is mainly for beginners and requires adjustments. It’s a good option you can try. They are unisex and comfortable due to their freestyle capability.
- It is affordable due to the lower price.
- It is durable because of the steel material.
- It allows clearance of up to 3 tires.
- Suitable for kids due to its pleasing appearance that shows some level of aggressiveness.
- It’s suitable for people who love assembling products, and it’s simple to assemble.
- It has a significant landing impact due to the large tires and breaks.
- The bike offers users different types of lifestyles.
- It has a good look due to the mixture of white frames and black wheels.
- It has suitable frames.
- Good for learners.
- It comes with no pegs.
- It lacks rotating hubs on the brake cables.
- It has an uncomfortable seat.
- It’s heavy for some people.
What Do Customers Think About This Product?
If you are looking for a cheap and comfortable ride, go for this Legion BMX. It is good, and it’s the ride you have been looking for. It is made for everyone. Amazon sells these bikes, you can buy from them, but you will have to assemble them by yourself, but don’t worry, it comes with the assembling instructions.
This bike has one of the best hiking experiences ever. It’s great for regular cyclers who like taking crazy turns and hiking around mountainous areas. They have unique features and specifications, which saw most people buying them.
Schwinn Traxion Mountain Bike
- Mechanical disk brakes. This gives the users enough braking power, which may play an essential role in extreme conditions.
- 24-speed Shimano drivetrain fire shifter. It enables bikers to have a sound transmission when they move on hilly areas without a beat, providing a good experience. This gives the bike 24 different speeds making maneuver in all types of conditions.
- Dual suspension. The aluminum-made suspension enables it to last longer, increasing its durability. It also has shock absorbers which help the bike move on rough terrain easily with good jumps. The aluminum frame makes it a choice for many.
- Schwinn alloys cranks make gearing steady and easy and lead to low maintenance fees for the users. That’s why many prefer the bike as a cheap alternative.
- Multi-section tires. To enable bikers to navigate rough roads and mountains, they make the roads look smooth.
- It has 2.25-inch tires that make moving on rough roads easier and reduce the shock.
- It has a Traxion box with fillers to secure some bicycle parts. The assembling can be hard for learners at first but it’s good after you know how to navigate that part.
- It has mechanical disc brakes that control the bike when you want to stop. Some people say that the breaks are outdated, but they don’t know the real power it has on the bike.
The Schwinn Traxion Mountain Bike fits both the beginners and experienced riders and for both genders. It is easy to ride and can also be used for fitness purposes. The majority of its part is available in the shops, making it a good choice for one to purchase.
- The dual suspension provides a good landing for the bikers
- Good breaking speed due to the mechanical brakes.
- This bike can move on all types of terrains and surfaces.
- It’s very comfortable with dual suspension that absorbs the shock
- It has a lifetime warranty.
- It’s easier to assemble after buying it.
- The aluminum adds speed to the bike.
- It has a good braking system response.
- In case of pedals failure, you will have to upgrade them.
- Long riding becomes uncomfortable sometimes.
- It can be heavy sometimes although people assume aluminum is light.
- Since the bike is commonly used for long-distance mountain hikes, it has no palace for water bottle holders.
- Some of the bikes come with a bent wheel that happens during manufacturing.
- Assembling can be challenging for people who have little or no mechanical knowledge.
Suppose you want a bike that can save all your hiking problems. It is cheap, and it comes from one of the best companies. It’s an alternative to those expensive bikes you cant manage. The tire is good, everything is good with this bike. Go and get it cheaply from Amazon.
Mongoose Malus bike has flat tires that help it navigate through rough roads. It gives users fun to move around without any worries.
Mongoose Malus Adult Fat Tire Mountain Bike
- The wheels measure 64-74 inches tall with 26 inches.
- It weighs 42 lbs.
- It has gear speeds of up to 7.
- Mongoose Malus Adult Fat Tire Mountain Bike has a three-piece crank.
- It has dual disk brakes.
- It has a steel frame.
- It has 2.5 handlebars.
- It has a twists shifter.
- The four rims are made from alloy.
- It has a Shimano drivetrain.
- Hardtail frames. The steel makes it strong and works with the tires to ensure it absorbs the shock from the ground. This makes it durable and good to maintain speed on tough grounds.
- It has a 26-inch wheel size that makes the bike look good. The wheels roll on all types of grounds and are god shock absorbers. Its size also makes it last longer.
- It has dual disc breaks they give you more power to control all scenarios you may face. It avoids a lot of accidents like riders losing breaks, the roads being tough for the bike, e.t.c.
- They have good pedals that give riders athletic postures making them comfortable by relaxing their backs.
- It comes with a set of instructions that helps you assemble the bike in a few minutes. In case of difficulty, you can visit the local bike shops to help you fix that.
- It’s cheap compared to other bikes. Making it affordable for those who want a fantastic bike.
- They have a fantastic customer care service where they respond to queries faster on their sales websites.
This bile is good for people who like hikes and plan to go to more of the same. It is cheaper, making it affordable for anyone to buy them. It’s a good option as they adapt to all types of weather.
- It is easier to assemble the bike.
- It has a Shimano drivetrain which makes climbing hills easy.
- It has an adjustable headset.
- Affordable due to its low price.
- It is suitable for tall people.
- It’s easier to upgrade.
- Perfect for any weather.
- It is suitable for those who have big weights.
- It can be heavy for some people.
- It has inadequate seats.
What Do Customers Think About This Product?
This product is impressive, especially if you are tall and you want a comfortable bike. This is what to go for. Its specifications make biking enjoyable, and you can use it on all types of terrain.
Best bike for 6 foot tall Guys – Buyers Guide
Some of the things that tall guys should look for in a BMX bike include:
Crank Arm. It determines how far your feet will be when you ride a bike. The best length for this arm ranges from 165-175mm. This makes the running of the pegs easier, making the rider comfortable and providing balance.
Fork offset. It’s the distance that separates the front axle and steering wheel. It ensures that you feel well when riding the bike. To be comfortable and stable, you should have an offset of above 30 mm, but you can attain wheel balance with 28 mm for some.
Wheels. There are single and double-wall rims. The single wall has one horizontal wall, and the double has two horizontal walls making it big and stronger to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a 6’4 person ride a BMX bike?
Yes, BMX provides different types of bikes that have other specifications. When purchasing, one has to look at the size that fits his height.
Can adults ride BMX bikes?
It depends on the person. Yes, most adults ride bikes as a method of weight loss, others enjoy when they go for hikes in the mountain. There are a lot of adults who buy BMX bikes yearly.
BMX bikes are the best bikes one can have. You can use them for different scenarios depending on the bike you buy. You have to look at different aspects before choosing one when buying them. Schwinn Traxion Mountain Bike is the best BMX bike due to its price and how it tends to adapt to any changes.
Taylor is an outdoors & sports equipment specialist, sports author, bike traveler, bicycling and skating expert, and smoke-free ride activist. He is also a regular reviewer of outdoor sports gadgets and accessories. About safety gear and biking facts he analyzes and gives his feedback to outdoorxsports. Writes and tests to help him, you, and us.